Day 2 of Lent

Y'all I completely forgot I had guest coming over today. How horrible is that? To make matters worse they don't eat meat! I'm such a horrible hostess. I'm sure I'll be laughing at this over the weekend, but seriously how do you forget you have guest coming over?

Thankfully I remembered about two hours before they were scheduled to arrive. I had time to clean out the fridge and do the floors. Granted I clean the floors daily....we have dogs need I say more? I've been keeping up on the bathrooms and dishes. One of the perks of being jobless I guess. Thankfully I didn't have to go buy any meat for dinner. My husband of course didn't want the cheese quesadillas I made since they didn't have chicken in it so I whipped him up some that had ground turkey. This guest is the same person that brought up Lent and made me go on this new journey. I say journey though there's people who do this yearly as part of their religion. I'm a Christian myself, but growing up my family never participated in Lent.

As always I have a problem online shopping. Like my normal routine I looked at the daily sale sites this time with no intention of buying anything. However, I did get alot of good ideas for birthday presents for Ethan. Granted this kid already has everything he could possibly need. I mean the amount of books we have for him is insane. But I added a highchair to his Amazon list along with some other things he will need around his birthday.

I was actually very great full my friend came over with her little girl. Ethan had a ball watching Emily run around the house playing. The dogs also enjoyed it...especially when she dropped food. It's good to hang out at home with friends and other mama's instead of going out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Later January!

Mama Bear Mode

Mama's little Vader