Later January!

Our family has had a crazy week and month. I started a new job with a start up company that looks to be very promising. However, like with every new job you go through the roller-coaster of meeting new coworkers, learning new systems and protocols and praying you don't make a mistake on your first day. Thankfully, I have previous experience with this line of work so there hasn't been too much of a learning curve. I just pray this new adventure is promising since I've never worked for a company just starting up.

Little man seems to be doing okay with mama and daddy working full time and he stays with his aunt Bambam. I have full trust in her since she has two healthy kiddo's of her own...she's a pro in my eyes. For the past month we've started introducing him to new stage one baby foods. Ethan really enjoys sweet potato, but the green beans are the spawn of the Satan. We still have a few more vegetables to go through before we can actually start on the fruits. He's also realized that he has feet...who knew? Its so adorable when he's laying on his back and pulls his feet up to his hands and grabs. The pure joy on his face makes the 24 hour labor worth it. Along with the realization of feet he's become more vocal and coo's and Ahh's a lot more. At his last doctors visit I was informed he's long, lean, and very healthy. Unfortuately the last few days in January Ethan came down with Broncoitis and hasn't been his joyful self. He's also started wheezing and when we took him to the doctor about it I was informed I have to let it run it's course. Easier said than done!





We did have a little bit of trouble with the animals this week. For anyone who doesn't know us in real life we're like the pet detective. We have three dogs, three leopard geckos, one gargoyle gecko, fish, and two ball pythons. While I'm sure the mention of snakes will leave a lot of you readers freaking out. Let me settle y'alls anxiety and inform you that the snakes are kept in a completely separate room (husbands man cave) and they have locks on their habitats. I wouldn't say I allowed my husband to get the snakes...he's a grown man and I trust his judgement on everything he decides. Besides I cannot really tell him no when he allowed me to come home with a wild hog once and didn't blink and eye. He's pretty much use to my antics now. Anyways, Ginger our hound has been dealing with allergies. About once or twice a year she gets ear and skin infections, which requires us to take her to the vet and get all sorts of antibiotics. Well we've already been once this year to our regular vet, and went through the whole thing of antibiotic and ear drops provided only to have the allergies resurface. My husband decided to take her in for a second opinion at a different vet. It was there we were informed to switch up her diet because she might have food allergies, or flea allergies, or pollen allergies. Honestly we already knew about the food allergies, hence the reason for us putting her on a special diet that consist of high protein cooked in coconut oil. They want us to completely cut out chicken and eggs, keep up with the coconut oil and use a high grade dog food. Along with the dog food we have to bath her once a week with a special dog soap and ear wash. Honestly whatever will help with her problem I'll do it. I hate seeing any animal suffering...that's probably why we have so many animals.

Talk about bestfriends.

We also had a little of an embarrassing moments with Annabelle our German Shepherd. I finally got home after picking up Ethan from Aunt Bambam and I always change his diaper once we get home and then let all the dogs out to do their business. We this particular day the dogs were being extra rowdy so I let them outside first and changed his diaper. Well after I put his new diaper on and button up his clothes I heard the dogs outside barking. Me being the responsible pet owner that I am I open the back door to check on them...completely forgetting I left the peepee diaper on the coffee table. Annabelle shoots in grabs the diaper and hauls butt back outside with it. So I'm calling her to come back here and drop the diaper. She's having the time of her life tossing it up in the air and catching it. My neighbors are outside at this point because I'm not quite at all. See me standing outside barefooted with Ethan on my hip yelling at the dog to drop the diaper. She's running around constantly throwing it up in the air and catching it ignoring me. You ever get to the point you're just like I give up? After, five minutes of this I just went back inside all the while my neighbors are filming my dog toss and catching a dirty diaper. I swear y'all some days we are a NORMAL family.




I did get to try some new dinner recipes out. Some of them were hit or miss. About every recipe that I made from out of The Pioneer Woman's cookbook were a hit at home. However, any of them reheated were a no go per my husband. He's a picky eater and doesn't like Carters fried chicken (anyone from Georgia knows about Carters) so I take what he says with a grain of salt. I also tried a dessert from off of Pinterest that consisted of cinnamon rolls and apple pie filling...its like the broke man's version of Dutch Apple Pie. While it was a hit with my father-in-law I wasn't too impressed. It's was missing something...that oomph! I did have my first experience de-heading shrimp for a dinner. While I'm not a girly girl I still was slightly creeped out. I'll buy them be-headed and shelled from now on.




As you can tell January was pretty insane. I'll be spending the greater part of February cleaning the house and getting rid of germs...Y'all pray this sickness doesn't linger in our home long. Has anyone been hit with colds recently? Also, how was y'alls January?

Comments

  1. Adorable family you have! I love the photos of natural things happening around you like they sleep and the dog. It makes your blog give the real feeling of knowing what you are living in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it. I love that you have exotic pets. I am a mom to a 3 yr old boy and 2 yr old frog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these kinds of blogs the most. Real life ones. Real pictures. You have an adorable family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such real life! I love that it’s not “perfect” like so many blogs. Hope your family is feeling better in February!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to say you have an adorable little one there!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mama Bear Mode

Mama's little Vader